How to make plantain punch – a simple punch drink recipe you can make for any occasions and anytime of the year. Plantain is available all year round so you can make this punch drink anytime you feel.
What Is Plantain Punch?
Plantain punch is a milk based punch drink made with over ripe plantain, essential spices, unsweetened milk and sweeten with condensed milk.
This punch is so versatile, you can add alcohol to make it adult friendly and I will show you what my mother add to the recipe that children loves very much.
I use uncooked plantain to make by punch, however, you can also cook the plantain. I have tried making the punch with cooked plantain but I don’t like it. The punch is too thick and the plantain taste is not as strong.
Jamaican punch normally use supligen or nutriment as the “unsweetened” ingredients but I substitute for unsweetened almond milk.
Like I said before, you can add alcohol to plantain punch. Alcoholic malt like Guinness and dragon stout are what Jamaicans put in their punches. My favourite to add to plantain punch is dragon stout.
My mother add ice-cream to her plantain punch as I much say, I makes the punch better. Maybe I am bias because I love ice-cream but give it a try.
What You Need For This Recipe
Here is the few simple ingredients you will need for this recipe!
- Over ripe plantain: The plantain much be over ripe especially if you are using it uncooked.
- Unsweetened milk: I used unsweetened almond milk but if you want to make it authentically Jamaican, use supligen or nutriment.
- Condensed milk: to sweetened
- Vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg: essential
- Ice-cream: Optional, but I like the way it makes the punch more smooth and creamy.
How To Make Plantain Punch
Very easy to follow steps ad your plantain punch is ready in 10 minutes.
If you don’t have a large enough blender, you may have to do this in batches. But if you do, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth. There shouldn’t be any plantain bits in the punch.
Other Punch Recipes
Other Drink Recipes
Let’s stay connected! Find me on:
- Also subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you try this plantain punch recipe, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Plantain Punch Recipe
- 1 Over ripe plantain Peeled and cut into three pieces
- 3 cups unsweetened milk/ supligen/nutriment
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ¾ cup ice-cream (optional)
- 1 cup dragan stout/guinness (optional)
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator and consume within three days after making.