Tamarind grows widely through out Jamaica and is use to make a lot of enables such as the popular tamarind balls. In this post we are sharing with you the tamarind drink recipe.
This drink is both healthy, refreshing and taste great. This is a great drink choice to make you feel refreshed in the hot weather.
The tamarind fruit has a tangy sweetness and an acidic sourness, which makes it perfect for making drink. It is also use make sauces and other delicacies.
If you like this fruit, you are going to love this tamarind drink recipe and I hope you will try it.
Tamarind drink recipe
- 2 cups Ripe tamarind pulp Remove outter shell to get the pulp
- 8 cups Boiled water
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 drops Angostura bitters
- 1 Medium lime Or use lemon
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated ginger
- Honey or brown sugar to sweeten
- Plave the tamarind pulp in a large kitchen bowl.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl onto the tamarind. After 1 minute, try crushing the tamarind with a fork.
- Add the grated giner and leave to cool.
- When to water is cool enough not to burn, using your hands to break the tamarind apart until all the flashy bits are fully remove from the seeds
- Using a fine strainer, strain thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla, angostura bitters and lime juice.
- Sweeten to your taste and put to chill.