Every Jamaican know the guinep fruit, but not everyone use it to make drink. And I bet some have never thought of using it to make drink until now! So here is the guinep drink recipe for you to try.
The guinep drink is a very refreshing drink and would be so nice to drink in the Jamaican ‘hot sun’. You will be surprised and glad to know how simply it is to make.
The best Jamaican guinep drink recipe
- 1 Guinep
- 1 1/2 Freshly grated ginger
- Boiling water
- Brown sugar To taste
- Remove the guinep fruit from its skin and place in a kitchen container.
- Add the grated ginger
- Pour boiling hot water onto the guinep and ginger, enough to cover the amount of fruit you have. Cover and leave to cool
- Once cool, use clean hands to rub to guinep seeds together to separate the guinep pulp from seed.
- Strain, sweeten and put to chill.
Now that you have the guinep drink recipe, go try it and let me know in the comments what you think about it.