June plum juice is one of my favourite fruit juices. It has a tangy taste but still very refreshing, perfect for the hot Jamaican weather. It is very simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
This fruit is called June plum in Jamaica but also known all Jew Plum, Golden Apple, Kedondong or Hog Plum in other countries. Like most fruits in Jamaica, the June plum is mostly eaten raw.
It is also used to make a June plum stew, jam or jelly. In this post, I’m sharing how to make the juice.
June Plum Juice
- 5 June Plums Use ripe or green, ripe onces are sweeter.
- Small piece of ginger About half your thump
- Sugar to taste
- Wash and peel the june plums.
- Remove the seed (at the core) and diced the flesh
- Wash the ginger and dice
- Add the June plum and ginger on a blender. Add the amount of sugar you need, I used 5.5oz.
- Add water, the amount should just about cover the plum in the blender.
- Bland until smooth. Then strain into a container.
- Pull to chill.