You are going to love the great taste of Jamaican Guinness punch. Made with just six simple ingredients and ready in 5 minutes. A great way to have a stout beer!
Alcoholic Beverage: The Taste Of Guinness Punch
Traditionally made with Guinness, Supligen, condensed milk and spices, this punch drink is for the adults in the family who drinks alcohol. You can also use Nourishment or Nutrament with the Guinness punch recipe if Supligen isn’t available.
Guinness punch tastes somewhat like a strong coffee drink that’s served cold. The milk base ingredients help to reduce the bitter taste of the Guinness but add a sweet milky flavour. Think bitter-sweet milkshake with a hit of alcohol.
So if it is the bitterness of the Guinness stopping you drinking Guinness, then this recipe is for you.
Guinness Punch With Nourishment & Other Alternatives
The traditional recipe for Guinness punch uses Supligen. Supligen is a milk-based meal supplement nutritional drink used in most Jamaican punch drink recipes.
What You Need
Here are the six simple ingredients, and an optional bonus one, that you will need to make this Guinness punch.
- Guinness: I’m using Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, which is 7.5% alcohol. If you want more alcohol in your punch, use Guinness Special Export or add rum. Use any other Guinness if you want less alcohol.
- Supligen: If you can’t find the Supligen or wishes to use an alternative, see above for suggestions.
- Condensed milk: The condensed milk sweetens the drink and helps reduce the bitter taste of the Guinness. If you use a unsweeten milk alternative, you may want to use more condensed milk than the recipe recommends.
- Essential spices: The taste won’t be the same without vanilla extract, freshly grated nutmeg and ground cinnamon.
- Angostura bitters: Optional
How To Make
Here is how to make this punch, in just three steps the punch is ready.
Add Guinness, Supligen (or the alternative), condensed milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg and ground cinnamon to a blender puree for a cycle. Serve over lots of ice. If you don’t have a blender to make this punch, add all the ingredients to a kitchen container and whisk vigorously. Let it sit for a little before serving.
How long does Guinness punch last in the fridge?
Guinness punch will last in the refrigerator for up to two days. It is better to make the exact amount you wish to drink so you won’t have to store it.
Jamaican Guinness punch makes a great social drink. It has little alcohol, which means you won’t get drunk easily. But enough alcohol to put you at ease in the company of others.
Serve it at brunch or your next sit-down party.
How to make Guinness Punch
- 1 ½ Cup (354.88 ml) Guinness
- 1 Cup (236.59 ml) Vanilla Supligen/Nutrament/Nurishment I used Nurishment
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ Ground cinnamon
- ½ Cup (118.29 ml) Condensed milk
- 3 Drops Angostura bitters (optional)
- Pour all the ingredients into a jug and whip to combine. Or in a blender and purée.
- Put to chill before serving.
- If you prefer not to use meal replacement supplements, you can use almond oat or any full fat milk of your choice. I like using oats milk.
- Use another half cup of Guinness if you want the punch more bitter than sweet.
- Consume within two days of making!
- The angostura bitters is optional. I like sharing new things that I’ve tried and like with you so you can try it too.
More Punch Recipes:
Related Drink Recipes:
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks!
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you try this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!