This Jamaican peanut punch recipe is grown folks’ business. It contains the alcoholic beverage Guinness and the supplement drink Supligen.
Remove the Guinness and swap the Supligen with oats milk to make the best peanut punch the whole family can have.
Jamaican Peanut Punch
In Jamaica, homemade Peanut punch isn’t a “children’s drink”. Because of the alcohol and energy nutrition drink ingredients that are used, it’s not made as an “everyday drink”.
There is a notion amount some grown Jamaicans about this recipe that it enhances sexual performance. I don’t know how true this is.
If you have even heard of the term Jamaican strong back, this is what they are talking about.
What Is Supligen
Supligen is a Jamaican-produced liquid meal supplement drink made by Nestle. It is advertised as an energy and meal replacement drink.
Make The Recipe Child Friendly
If you want this peanut punch drink recipe suitable for children, remove the Guinness.
You may prefer your child not to consume food supplement drinks, use oats, almonds or evaporated milk as replacements.
The milk you choose should be for the Guinness and the supplement drink.
What Goes In Jamaican Peanut Punch
Here’s what you need to make this peanut punch:
- Raw peanuts: This punch recipe uses raw peanuts and it doesn’t matter if it’s peanuts with or without the red skin.
- Oats: Oats is one of the main ingredients in Jamaican peanut punch. It adds more protein and body to the drink. However, if you don’t have oats at hand, you can get away with not using it.
- Guinness: Use the Guinness if you are making the grown folks’ peanut punch.
- Spices: Nutmeg, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Milk choice:
- Sweetener: We use condensed milk.
How To Make Peanut Punch
Three simple steps:
You will need a blender and a cheesecloth. Firstly, add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Because the peanut bits are so tiny after blend, it’s better to use a cheesecloth than a mesh sieve. Though Jamaican peanut punch isn’t usually strained, I find that it goes down well when it is. You can try it with the bits, you make like it. Put to chill. Peanut punch is best served cold, but not over ice.
Storage The Peanut Punch
Keep refrigerated and consume within three days after making the peanut punch.
Let’s stay connected! Find me on:
- Also subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you like this peanut punch recipe or any other recipe, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Jamaican Peanut Punch Recipe
- ¼ Cup (1.29 oz) Raw peanut
- 2 tbs Oats
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) Supligen alternatives are nutriment or almond milk
- ¼ cup (59.15 ml) Condensed milk
- ½ cup (118.29 ml) Guinness
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain using a cheesecloth.
- Put to chill before serving
- A Supligen alternative is Nutrament or almond milk if you prefer not to use a food supplement.
- This recipe serves two 8 oz glasses
- Leave out the Guinness to make the drink child friendly.