If you are going try any Jamaican recipe, try the Jamaican curry chicken recipe. Like all Jamaican cuisines, its busting with flavour. This delicious dish is one for the chicken lovers.
Try our Jamaican curry chicken recipe below for a curry dish that is bursting with flavour.
Jamaican curry chicken recipe
- 2½ lbs Chicken
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp Salt Or salt to your liking
- 5 pimento berries
- 3 Cloves garlic Crushed
- 1 Medium onion Chopped
- 3 Sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 Medium carrots Chopped
- 1 Small potato Diced
- 1 ½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
- 1 Small scotch bonnet pepper seeds removed and findly chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Boiling water
Wash the chicken
- 1 lime/lemon To wash the chicken
- 1 tsp Vinegar To wash the chicken
- Remove the skin (if there is any) from the chicken and cut it into small pieces. With the juice from the lime/lemon and the vinegar, wash the chicken in come water. Drain away all the excess water from the chicken. Dry with kitchen towel if necessary.
- In a kitchen bowl, add the chicken, onion, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, pimento berries, ginger, salt, the curry powder and vigorously mix everything together and leave to arinate for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pot add the cooking oil and put to hot on medium heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the oil and stir well. Let the chicken cook until lightly brown. Don't let the pot burn, add a tip of water if necessary.
- Stir in the carrot and potato. Add water enough to cover the chicken in the pot. Cover and leave to cook for 25-30 minutes. Stir occassionally.