Learn how to cook Curry Chicken feet with our Jamaican curry chicken feet recipe.
A lot of people will frown up on chicken feet but you will be surprise to know how tasty this dish actually is
Chicken Foot Soup Recipe,
I can remember eating curry chicken feet a lot when I was going up.
It is not the most popular Jamaican cuisine.
But when ever my grandmother would make curry chicken feet I would get excited.
Because I really like the taste of the dish and I love the boniness parts of the chicken.
What I love most about this chicken feet dish, is the gummy sauce that it produce.
Cleaning The Chicken Feet
Is important that you clean the chicken feet.
Chop off all the nails, you don’t want that in your cooking especially if you are feeding children.
And it nails sticking out does not look good on a plate.
You must also remove the skin. This is vert thin but once you start removing it, it will easily peel off of the feet.
Once that done, wash the feet with vinegar and lime or lemon juice.
How To Cook Curry Chicken Feet
Since chicken feet is not as tender as the other parts of the chicken you will have to pressure cook it to get it soft.
The pressure cooker will also reduce the cooking time and get the job done right.
In Jamaica, curry chicken feet is serve with rice or hard food, boiled green banana, boiled dumpling and boiled yellow yam.
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family.
I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below.
I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Jamaican Curry Chicken Feet Recipe
- 2 lb. Chicken Feet
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder You can also use timeric, which I have been using in all my curry dish lately.
- 3 Cloves garlic Crushed or chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Sprig Thyme Or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 Stalk of Scallion
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper De-seeded
- 6 Pimento berries (allspice)
- Small piece of ginger
- 1 Medium carrot Diced
- 1 tsp All-purpose or Chicken seasioning
- 1 tsp Salt Salt to your taste with more or less salt
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
To water to chicken feet
- 1 tbsp Vinegar To water to chicken feet
- 1 Lime or lemon To water to chicken feet
Clean & Season
- Carefully skinned and removed chop off the nails then wash in some water with the vinegar and lime juice then drained.
- In a kitchen bowl, season the chicken feet with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, ginger, scallion, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, pimento berries, the all-purpose seasoning salt 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- Combine the seasoning and chicken and put to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pot pour the cooking oil, rest of the curry powder, bay leave and put to heat on medium fire. As soon as the as the oil reach smoke point add the marinated chicken feet and stir.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the muscles in the feet to contract.
- Add enough water to cover to meat in the pot and the rest of the salt taste. Cover and leave to cook for 50-60 minutes, unit the feet cook and the water is reduced to gravy.
- About half way in, add the carrot.