Steamed prawns with okra in coconut milk is an easy prawns recipe.
A delicious dish that is simple to prepare with not fuss and little time.
For seafood lovers, this dish is bursting with flavour from the okra and the coconut milk, you are sure to love this easy to prepare recipe.
The ingredients that makes this dish is the coconut and the okra.
And so you want to use natural coconut milk and make sure the okra are not chopped up to small.
The recipes is below, now you are ready to cook.
Steamed prawns with okra in coconut milk
- 1 lb King prawns
- 300 g Chopped okra
- 1/2 Scotch Bonnet pepper Seed removed and finely chopped
- 5 Pimento berries (allspice)
- 1 Stalk escallion
- 1 Small carrot chopped
- ½ Bell pepper Sliced
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 3 Sprig thyme
- 2 Cloves garlic Crushed
- ½ Cup Coconut milk
- ½ tsp Salt Or to your liking
- Black papper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Peel and remove the head from the prawns and put it aside to make the prawn stock.
- Devein the prawns and marinate it with salt and pepper and put aside.
- Put the prawn heads and shells in a saucepot with the water and cook until it comes to a boil. Separate the shell and pwarn stock and put the stock aside for later.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and pimento berries, sauté for half a minute
- Add the bell pepper, carrot, okra, escallion and scotch bonnect pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prawn stock made earlier along with the coconut milk and thyme. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and the liquid reduced, add the prawns to the sauce. Cook until the prawns are pink, about 3-5 minutes.