Jamaican oats porridge is for those who love eating porridge. If you tried the Jamaican cornmeal porridge, you should also try the oats porridge.
It won’t take a lot less time to cook. Quick and easy for mornings when time is limited.
Jamaican Oats porridge recipe
Jamaican Oats porridge is easy to make. This recipe makes a great breakfast when time is of the essence.
- 1 Cup instant oats
- 1 Cups whole milk
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ Cinnamon
- ¼ Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Sugar or condenced to sweeten
- Pour the whole milk, coconut milk and water in a saucepan. Put to boil on medium heat.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the oats and keep on stirring until the oats starts getting thick. As the oats gets thick, turn the heat to low and continue to stir.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt cook about 3 minutes
- Sweeten to taste with sugar or condenced milk.