So you love Jamaican fried dumpling and want to learn how to make it? You will be surprised how simple and easy fried dumpling is to make. Just three ingredients!
Everyone loves a good fried dumpling. The golden crust on the outside and the soft bread like texture on the inside, mmhh.
Fried dumpling make a great snack you can have for breakfast, apart of your lunch or dinner. I love dumpling so I have to share this recipe.
What You Need
Yes, just three simple ingredients! Can you believe that? All you need is plain flour, salt and baking powder.
Sometimes I switch things up a bit and add a few more ingredients. Whenever I am making fried dumplings to have with eggs or making it for my niece and nephew, I would add a little sugar or cornmeal. And instead of making the dumpling round, I make them flat.
How To Make Jamaican Fried Dumpling
Making Jamaican fried dumpling from scratch is very simple. After mixing the dry ingredients together, add water and knead to make the soft dumpling dough. Roll the dough in the palm of your hands to form a ball, then fry. It is that simple!
What To Eat It With?
The great thing about fried dumpling is that it goes with just about anything and at anytime of the day.
Let’s stay connected! Find me on:
- Also subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you try this Jamaican fried dumpling recipe, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Jamaican fried dumpling recipes
- 2 Cups Plain flour*
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, salt and baking power in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add water to it the dry ingredients, knead until you make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal small pieces, about 6 to 7 pieces.
- Roll each pieces between the palms of your hands to from a round ball.
- In a frying pan, pour the cooking oil and put it to heat on high fire.
- Place the round dough into the heated oil. Turn the the heat down to medium low and let to dough fry on all sides.
- Fire until the flour is cooked and the dumplings are golden.