Homemade plantain chips recipe, made from scratch. Very simple and easy, you won’t buy another plantain chips in store again.
This plantain chips made green plantain and flavour with salt and other seasoning. Chips made from plantain or banana are one of Jamaica’s popular snacks, with banana being more popular.
Plantain chips is so easy to make and it is ready in minutes. It is also healthier than the plantain chips you get at the store.
Here are the ingredients I use when making my plantain chips.
All you need is green plantain and salt. At time I add a pinch of paprika and cayenne pepper like I did here to give the chips a hint of spice. You can also use black pepper.
A hint of cinnamon is great to but I find that it taste better on ripe plantain but give that a try too.
How To Make Plantain Chips
Simple and easy.
Simple peel the plantain a slice them very thin, add the seasoning and fry! The plantain slices must be very thin, this way they won’t take vey long to fry.
The plantain chips won’t absorb too much oil but if the oil is too much for you, you can bake the plantain chips instead.
I rather frying the plantain because when it is baked, the plantain is too dry for my liken.
Plantain is normally eaten on its own as a snack. Since you made your own chips at home, it will be much more healthier than the plantain chips you buy in store so you can eat a bit more than usually.
More Plantain Recipe:
Let’s stay connected! Find me on:
- Also subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you like this plantain chips recipe, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Jamaican crispy plantain chips recipe
- 3 Green plantain
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- Peel the plantain and chop it up into thin slices.
- In a large enough kitchen blow at the slice plantain and sprinkle the seasoning all over it. Mix well so that the slices are all coated well with the seasoning.
- Pour the oil in a frying pan (enough oil so that it plantain is swimming in it) at medium heat and let it hot.
- In batches, fry the plantain chips until golden brown. This won't take long since the slices are thin so keep a eye on them while they fry.
- When the batch are finish leave to cool and serve your tasty plantain chips.
So pleased to get this recipe. Never thought of making them myself. Thank you 😊