Making Jamaican banana porridge is very simple and easy. This porridge taste delicious and it makes a great breakfast for both children and adults.
This is my favourite porridge yet.
I am not a bit porridge eat but I could have banana porridge every single week.
While I will frown upon other porridges, I would not say not to a bowl of banana porridge.
It taste that good!
Banana porridge is much like making plantain porridge, which also taste great.
All that you need to make this porridge is green banana, fresh coconut milk, water, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
It’s that simple!
How To Make Jamaican Banana Porridge
Step 1. Wash and peel the green banana. Add it to a blender along with fresh coconut milk and blend until smooth.
Step 2. Put a cup of what in a pot with a pin of salt and a cinnamon leaf or stick to boil.
Step 3. Pour the coconut banana blend to the boiling water. Stir continuously.
Step 4. As the porridge thickens, turn the fire down and let the porridge cook for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Step 5. Add nutmeg, vanilla extract and sweeten.
Even though I use coconut milk, banana porridge can also done without it and still taste great.
If you are using coconut I recommend using fresh coconut milk in you cooking but can also use other coconut milk.
THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family.
I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below.
I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
Jamaican banana porridge
- 3 Green bananas
- 1 Cup Fresh coconut milk
- 2 Cinnamon leafs cinnamon stick can be used as well
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Sugar or condensed milk to sweeten
- Wash and peel the bananas. Cut then into three pieces and bland with the a cup of the coconut milk
- In a saucepan put the cinnamon leafs in 1 cup of water and put to boil.
- When the water boiled pour in the banana blend. Stir continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- As the porridge thicken, turn the heat down to low and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the salt, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Sweeten with sugar or condensed milk to your taste.
- Cook for another 4-5 on low heat.