Jamaican banana porridge
Learn to make Jamaican banana porridge. It is, vegan, gluten-free, kid-friendly, easy to prepare and very delicious!
- 3 Green bananas
- 2 Cups Fresh coconut milk
- 1 Cinnamon stick Can use cinnamon leaves or ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Water
- Sugar To sweeten
- Condensed milk To sweeten
Wash and peel the bananas. Cut then into three pieces and bland with the coconut milk and grated nutmeg.
Pour the water in a pot along with the cinnamon stick and salt and put to boil on medium heat.
When the water boiled pour in the banana blend. Stir continuously until the porridge starts thicken.
As the porridge thicken, turn the heat down to meadium low and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the vanilla.
Sweeten to your taste.
- You don't have to use coconut milk, you can use fresh milk.
- Also, you can use both sugar and condensed milk or either to sweeten the porridge.