Here is a Tuscan cabbage recipe with a touch of the Jamaican style of cooking.
This type of cabbage isn’t Jamaican but by adding some Jamaican seasoning will give it that Jamaican flavour.
Tuscan cabbage, also known as Canvolo Nero or black kale, is very healthy and has a very nice taste.
It is very easy to cook and it absorbs flavour very well. Make sure to wash thoroughly before you cook it.
The recipe below is similar to the Jamaican stream cabbage. The ingredients used are practically the same and the method is a bit similar.
Prepare the same way I would when cooking white cabbage.
Looking mouthwatering when finish.
Tuscan cabbage recipe with a Jamaican twist
- 400 g Tuscan cabbage Chopped
- 1 Small onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Small bell pepper The colour is up to you
- 1 Medium tomato Chopped
- 1 Medium carrot Sliced into thin strips
- ¼ Scotch bonnet pepper Finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 Sprig of thyme
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- Salt To taste
- ¼ Black pepper
- Heat 3 teaspoons of coconut oil in a Sauté Pan over low heat, add the garlic, onion, scotch bonnet and thyme and cook until onion is soft. Spinkle a pinch of salt, the help the onion solften quicker.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato and cook for three minutes.
- Add the cabbage and the carrot. Add black pepper and salt. Stir them cover the pot when the vegetables cook until tender.